Hardware question: Moto G4 or G4 Play?

geekaholic

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't want Pokémon on my primary device for... reasons. I'm considering buying a second device just to play the game. I'm considering the Amazon special offers version of either the Moto G4 or G4 Play.

If you have either of those devices, could you comment and tell me how well Pokémon runs, whether there are any issues, etc?

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a phone for that exact reason. I got the Moto G4, 6.0.1 on it. It actually plays much better than on a Droid MAXX2 with 6.0.1. Only had it installed for a week but so far, very happy.

At the store, I looked at several phones for it. I bought two others (don’t remember what they were) and tried to install it there. Crap. All were Droids and there were issues installing and with the GPS recognizing the game. One we got it up and running, it lagged and jumped around. Don’t remember the reasons they gave but I got a refund and tried another one….. It was just about an all day trip to get the right phone for the game. You should be happy using the G4, I am. I need to add I wasn't looking to spend $600 for it so didn't look at phones like that.

If you are out and about playing, get a good charger. I have an inexpensive 20,000 mAh:2.5A output and another, a little more expensive, 12,000 mAh:3.4A output. World of difference. I was happy enough with the 20k but after 2 months of heavy use, it is losing its charge faster. My phone will slowly go down to 70% over 8 hours. The higher 3.4A output will keep it rolling much longer and charges faster. Maybe because it is new, time will tell. It is also smaller but heavier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress