Still no Android Pay at TD Bank in Canada

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
How many of you are with TD Bank and are frustrated by lack of Android Pay support? Has anybody actually switched banks because of this? Curious to hear your thoughts.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not with TD but it's the same story for those of us with RBC. They have their own proprietary mobile payments app for Android called RBC Wallet but it sucks. I can only get it to work 50% of the time. Odd because RBC works great with Apple Pay.

It would be hard for me to switch banks as I have many accounts with RBC and have some pretty decent perks grandfathered in from them. So I'm not quite at THAT stage of frustration yet. If you read reviews of RBC Wallet on the play store they're getting crucified pretty bad. Only a matter of time before they cave and go Android Pay in my opinion.

Yet another case of out of touch Canadian companies way behind the curve.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not only Canadian, it's banks. They're so reactionary that they just discovered the 20th century. (Some have younger officers who can't live without their phones, so they've done things the modern way, but a few still stick with doing it themselves, in the US too.)

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not with TD but it's the same story for those of us with RBC. They have their own proprietary mobile payments app for Android called RBC Wallet but it sucks. I can only get it to work 50% of the time. Odd because RBC works great with Apple Pay.

It would be hard for me to switch banks as I have many accounts with RBC and have some pretty decent perks grandfathered in from them. So I'm not quite at THAT stage of frustration yet. If you read reviews of RBC Wallet on the play store they're getting crucified pretty bad. Only a matter of time before they cave and go Android Pay in my opinion.

Yet another case of out of touch Canadian companies way behind the curve.

Ya I can't see myself switching from a bank just because there's lack of Android Pay. Was curious to see if this was a necessary feature for some. Still pretty ridiculous that TD refuses to get with the times.