Which anti virus?

Gojushiho

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Which anti virus to choose? I had Trustgo which was good but I think it might have caused some conflicts re the screen? Avast seems proficient.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Which anti virus to choose? I had Trustgo which was good but I think it might have caused some conflicts re the screen? Avast seems proficient.

Anti-Virus for your S4? Doesn't it already have Lookout?

AM759

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend lookout or avg. Ive never used avast but its probably good too. Im currently using lookout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337M

Gojushiho

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of Lookout. I'm in the UK so it's not preloaded. I think it might be in the US. Avast seems good. I had problems with ghosting but they appear to have gone now I've uninstalled Trustgo! Odd.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of Lookout. I'm in the UK so it's not preloaded. I think it might be in the US. Avast seems good. I had problems with ghosting but they appear to have gone now I've uninstalled Trustgo! Odd.

Ah, I see. Lookout is really good...haven't had any issues with it. Not sure how easy it is to get viruses on a phone so I don't know if I'd have one if I didn't have lookout. Just good to know that it's there

Posted via Android Central App

Gojushiho

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Now I remember that I had Lookout on my S3 and it was good. I'm giving Avast a go since it's on my laptop and it found some infected files that McAfee missed.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Now I remember that I had Lookout on my S3 and it was good. I'm giving Avast a go since it's on my laptop and it found some infected files that McAfee missed.

McAfee is terrible XD

Posted via Android Central App

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Webroot is really good and unobtrusive. You can lock and find your phone online with it too. I use Webroot on my computer and phone and love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not needed pc based scanners feed on your fear. Just use lookout there android built abs have some nice features. Also enable androids app scanner in the settings. Also I can say there a ton of these post on AT Probably the number one posted subject. The media has the non geek android users scared and make them believe it is needed. It's not

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Gojushiho

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I think that it's always tempting to install new things but often they have a negative effect. I don't think that RAM managers do much. But I think that anti virus is necessary. When I had Trustgo it stopped me installing applications that used the airpush network which is bad.

RodneyK19505

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have Norton 360 on my Windows 8 laptop. They also include an app called Norton Mobile which I find is v good. It blends in with the S4 system exceptionally well.
Not sure how good it is at finding nasties but they have a good reputation.

So Be It.

N345H

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I've used Kaspersky on all my mobile devices and PC's and never had a problem. Its saved my *** numerous times

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo