Cannot view Apk folders on Shield Pro 2019

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have a 2019 shield pro with an external HD. All my apps are to download on the external drive. However all of them do not create folders in the Android folder. When I click on my devices internal storage there is no Android folder or anything showing. I have hidden files enabled too. When I trace where the app is installed it says the mnt section but when I open this folder nothing shows? Does anyone know where or how to find them? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your device rooted? Shields are still Android devices, and on unrooted Android devices, the user can't access system directories where apps are installed. Also, assuming the Shield supports Adoptable Storage, you still can't format an external HD as Internal Storage, and therefore wouldn't be able to force apps to download and install the external HD (unrooted, anyway).

A W4

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your device rooted? Shields are still Android devices, and on unrooted Android devices, the user can't access system directories where apps are installed. Also, assuming the Shield supports Adoptable Storage, you still can't format an external HD as Internal Storage, and therefore wouldn't be able to force apps to download and install the external HD (unrooted, anyway).

Perfect explanation!!! My device is not rooted. Thank you for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch