Freaking out over Android wear 2.0 pls help

Jonathanpz890

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
So I bought the new Huawei Watch 2 (Great watch) and there's one problem.
I don't seem to find any way to change dictation language, like at all.
I speak Hebrew and I'm in love with the idea of leaving my phone In my back pack cuz like radiation, but I cannot replay to messages in English, I found a keyboard with Hebrew but it's also problematic.
I remember playing with a 1st gen Huawei watch and I was able to change voice language to Hebrew I think I changed the primary language in google now settings but now it doesn't do anything...
Also--I used google translate and I could speak Hebrew and the watch understood what I said in Hebrew and translated it to English! so technically the watch CAN understand the language and even dictate with it, any way to use this on texts?

Thanks for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not certain this will work, but try this:

1. On the phone, open the Android Wear app, then tap the gear icon at the upper right, then Settings.
2. Tap Phone, then Assistant Language. It will prompt you to go to Language Preferences.
3. Add Hebrew, then go back and set it as your Assistant Language.
4. Now go back to the Android Wear app's settings, tap Android Wear, then Assistant Language, and see if you can select Hebrew there.

Jonathanpz890

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but google assistant does not support Hebrew, yet
I'm not trying to change google assistant language only the dictation for when I send messages...

igorsantos07

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Years later, and I stumbled upon the post looking for the exact same thing - and there's no support yet. The Accessibility suggestion isn't what we're looking for, it's speech-to-text, not the other way around. I can only dictate in English, which is the language my watch is on - but the keyboard does support multiple languages, as the Assistant does for a while now. I found no place to configure dictation on the device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana