My tablet says earphones connected when they aren’t

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I had my iPad in a bag and I put it in the floor of my aunts car then when I went to turn it on my iPad and sopping wet of course I dried it and I want to listen to some music and so open the app but my phones weren’t connected yet in the top left corner it kept saying your phones connected. I need some advice on how to fix this.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. More information is needed to help you with this issue. To reply to this thread and to get notifications when comments are posted please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

You're asking an Apple question at an Android Forum. You may find better help at the imore.com forums. While your here though, are these wired headphones or wireless? Devices with wired connections detect connection when a contact is made inside of the 3.5mm headphone port. I guess even if your headphones were wireless and your device has this port it would detect it just the same. Anyway. When the device detects continuity it believes there is a jack in the port. Since you mention that the device was wet, but didn't really say why or how it was wet, if you're lucky it is just seeing this continuity and assuming something is in the port. If on the other hand you are not lucky there may be some thing worse going on inside of the device. You should probably do your best to dry or allow the device to dry completely before attempting to use it as electronics and moisture do not mix well. Also make sure that the headphone port is dry, free of moisture and hopefully clean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty