Can Google Chat work with landscape orientation?

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Google Hangouts would work in landscape but Chat doesn't seem to. This is frustrating if using a tablet with a keyboard. Am I missing something?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I saw your post a few days ago and went to look at the app page at the Google Play Store. I wanted to see if it shows landscape in any of the screenshots and it doesn't. Usually developers will show various screens, screenshots and orientations in the app description. I use Google Messages but only on my phone so I couldn't really test your situation, but on my phone it doesn't display in landscape either.

My only advice would be to check that your tab's option to auto rotate is enabled. You might also check the settings for the tablet version of the app to see if there is a setting for it.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Well Google abandoned tablets and basically no app dev bothers to optimize for them, I gave up using a tablet with a folio or keyboard case years ago because too many apps are stuck in portrait orientation.

Safe assumption of the app isn't rotating it's because it doesn't support it.

I think Samsungs DeX would run it landscape but that's assuming you had a newer Samsung tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38