Error 407 and 700 appearing after update earlier this week.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It says firmware update unable to be completed. I've tried clearing cache partition and even did a factory reset at t-mobile's suggestion. Still getting errors. A couple of times it has mentioned "profile" rather than firmware.

GeekyGal20

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
It happened (and it keeps happening - found no way to stop it yet) on a Galaxy s10+ after doing the update, after a factory reset.
First it said Android had been updated, and then it said it could not update firmware, error 407. But I also got error 700 sometimes.
Forcing stop OMADM did nothing, as well as clearing cache.
Even setting the retry 2 hours later does not work, as the update restarts when it wants
Both T-Mobile and Samsung customer service offered no helpful suggestions.
Going crazy!
Please help!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It happened (and it keeps happening - found no way to stop it yet) on a Galaxy s10+ after doing the update, after a factory reset.
First it said Android had been updated, and then it said it could not update firmware, error 407. But I also got error 700 sometimes.
Forcing stop OMADM did nothing, as well as clearing cache.
Even setting the retry 2 hours later does not work, as the update restarts when it wants
Both T-Mobile and Samsung customer service offered no helpful suggestions.
Going crazy!
Please help!
It wants to install a software update then get a error?

GeekyGal20

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Yes. Except at first it says Android was effectively updated, and then it says firmware update was not competed, I get one of the two errors [407 or 700], and it constantly keeps retrying to update, and reaching the same error.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Except at first it says Android was effectively updated, and then it says firmware update was not competed, I get one of the two errors [407 or 700], and it constantly keeps retrying to update, and reaching the same error.
Ok

Go settings >apps >3 dots upper right corner tap >scroll system apps tap > scroll down find software update , there is 2 of them , go in each one and clear its data,cache, force stop and see if its ok .

GeekyGal20

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Re: software update apps.
I've done it before, and force stop as well. No difference.
Anyway, I did it again now. Cleared cache. Force stop now was not available.
Question: somebody suggested I also clear data in those 2 software update apps - can you tell me which data gets erased by doing that? What do I risk?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Question: somebody suggested I also clear data in those 2 software update apps - can you tell me which data gets erased by doing that? What do I risk?
No personal data just reset the software update server

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You need to do in this order , clear data,cache ,force stop each one

GeekyGal20

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Ok great
Glad you found it , that way we don't get confused who he talking at :)

I cleared data on the first Software update app, and then force stop [clear cache was not available].
Clear data and force stop was not available on the second Software update app, so I just cleared cache, and restarted the phone.
As before, it started by updating firmware and at the end I got a message saying "Android update successful", but then, in the notifications I get a message from OMADM saying " Firmware update not completed", i.e. same as before.
I went through the same [clear cache, clear data, force stop for the first Software update app, only clear cache for the second - the other 2 options were not available], without restarting the phone ... will let you know if it starts to update again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I cleared data on the first Software update app, and then force stop [clear cache was not available].
Clear data and force stop was not available on the second Software update app, so I just cleared cache, and restarted the phone.
As before, it started by updating firmware and at the end I got a message saying "Android update successful", but then, in the notifications I get a message from OMADM saying " Firmware update not completed", i.e. same as before.
I went through the same [clear cache, clear data, force stop for the first Software update app, only clear cache for the second - the other 2 options were not available], without restarting the phone ... will let you know if it starts to update again.
For this one OMADM its a known issue and update should fix it , for now clear its data and cache , then force stop it but dont reboot the phone it can come back

GeekyGal20

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
For this one OMADM its a known issue and update should fix it , for now clear its data and cache , then force stop it but dont reboot the phone it can come back

Thanks! Will do all that for OMAD as well.

So basically we have to force stop in order not to be bothered temporarily, and then wait for a new Android update to solve the problem permanently? How long do you think it will take for a permanent fix?