I'm having trouble with connecting Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ to my car. AA on my girlfriend's SG S10 works like a charm, but mine crashes as soon as it launches. I tried all the obvious troubleshooting, restarts, clearing cache, clearing data, checking permissions etc., but there still must be some settings, cache or something causing AA to crash. I don't really want to factory-reset my phone and I was wondering if there is a device, like USB Dongle, which can run Android Auto (just Google Maps with Spotify), which I could connect-and-forget to my car.
    12-29-2020 12:42 AM
    Hi, does your girlfriend phone work in your car with AA or hers ?
    Try to uninstall the update for AA see if previous versions works .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-29-2020 12:59 AM
    Hi Mustang, Thank you so much for answering my question.
    My gf's phone works with my car and I just tried the AA with all updates uninstalled. Unfortunately with no luck.
    After a few unssucesfull attempts Android prompted that AA updates are available, so I gave it another shot with the latest version as well, again with no luck.
    Is there any log I could access to see what is causing this?
    I gather there is no such device I originally asked about?
    Thanks again!
    12-29-2020 08:27 AM
    I found an old iPhone, plugged it in and as it doesn't have a SIM card I connected it to the car's Wi-Fi hot spot which is using my mobile's data via Bluetooth and it worked straight away.
    Although I really hope this is just a temporary solution I left the iPhone in the car permanently connected via USB.
    I really hope to find a reason why my Samsung's AA doesn't connect to my car, so if anyone can share some ideas, or point me to some sort of a log file where I can find some clues, I'd be greatly grateful.
    01-03-2021 06:12 AM