I have an S9+ and just in the past few weeks I have been getting a lot of spam texts. They all originate from the same area code.

Can I block all numbers rom a specific area code?
    01-05-2021 02:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure if there's a native way to do that. You probably have to use a 3rd party app like Mr. Number.
    01-05-2021 02:51 PM
    Not sure why @B. Diddy but your link took me to the AC forum app...?

We'll see if this link works to get to the Mr. Number app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...number.blocker
    01-05-2021 08:05 PM
    It links me to ACF App from website
    01-05-2021 08:10 PM
    I have an S9+ and just in the past few weeks I have been getting a lot of spam texts. They all originate from the same area code.

Can I block all numbers rom a specific area code?
    Which message app and carrier? You should be able to block numbers
    01-05-2021 08:11 PM
    Weird, on the desktop forum site, it links me to the Play Store.
    01-05-2021 09:14 PM
    01-05-2021 09:44 PM
    Yeah I'm a desktop too and it took me to the Play Store but it took me to the Android Central app. I haven't tried it on my mobile.
    01-06-2021 03:23 AM
    Not sure why @B. Diddy but your link took me to the AC forum app...?

We'll see if this link works to get to the Mr. Number app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...number.blocker
    This works for me
    01-06-2021 03:50 AM
    I can block numbers, the issue is that I keep getting texts from the same area code but with a DIFFERENT number. So I am blocking numerous numbers every day.

Looking for the ability to block ALL calls from area code 469.
    01-06-2021 07:42 AM
    Right, that app Mr. Number is supposed to be able to block area codes.
    Ranjen617 and VidJunky like this.
    01-06-2021 11:01 AM
    I can block numbers, the issue is that I keep getting texts from the same area code but with a DIFFERENT number. So I am blocking numerous numbers every day.

Looking for the ability to block ALL calls from area code 469.
    You look in your phone app settings see these option?Can I Block calls/texts from and specific area code?-screenshot_20210106-132339_call-20settings.jpeg
    01-06-2021 12:24 PM
    Check the features of your dialer app.
    My LG V30 has the options of blocking:
    - exact number
    - number starts with
    - number ends with
    - number contains
    VidJunky likes this.
    01-08-2021 03:13 AM
    Check the features of your dialer app.
    My LG V30 has the options of blocking:
    - exact number
    - number starts with
    - number ends with
    - number contains
    Wow. It sounds like LG is all over it.
    @John66 CT Mr. Number says in the opening line of the description that it can block by Area Code. The Samsung dialer options are not as detailed as what is being reported for the LG but for me the issue with being able to block Area Codes is that most of my spam calls are spoofs of my Area Code and then I would essentially be unable to receive any call from anyone not in my contacts. I don't know what the answer might be but cutting off your nose to spite your face is not my idea of a solution. Also as for blocking the numbers as they come in that's pointless as well since the number is rarely the same twice or even if it is twice almost never three times. So you end up with a thousand numbers blocked but it doesn't help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-08-2021 06:58 PM
    Wow. It sounds like LG is all over it.
    @John66 CT Mr. Number says in the opening line of the description that it can block by Area Code. The Samsung dialer options are not as detailed as what is being reported for the LG but for me the issue with being able to block Area Codes is that most of my spam calls are spoofs of my Area Code and then I would essentially be unable to receive any call from anyone not in my contacts. I don't know what the answer might be but cutting off your nose to spite your face is not my idea of a solution. Also as for blocking the numbers as they come in that's pointless as well since the number is rarely the same twice or even if it is twice almost never three times. So you end up with a thousand numbers blocked but it doesn't help.
    The DiD and VoIP number spoofing program algorithms have gotten pretty sophisticated. The random generation caller ID number spoof appears to use X+1 and other formulas to specifically use patterns but generate enough variation to defeat call blocking.
    VidJunky likes this.
    01-08-2021 09:20 PM
    For a more generic solution, check with your carrier to see what apps they have available.
    I have ATT's "call protect" app, and I am surprised at how well it does in filtering out many of the spam/spoofed calls.
    01-09-2021 06:55 PM