How cast Moto g7 to Firestick

catbill

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
The manual says that the Moto g7 Power requires Chromecast to cast to a TV. However, I have read that some apps can cast Android phones to Firestick. I have tried some apps but no luck so far. Does anyone know if it is possible to cast the Moto g7 Power using Firestick and if so, which app to use?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am pretty sure there is a setting or something in the firestick that you have to enable first, but I really don't know how to access it. Have you tried searching Google or YouTube for a tutorial. Search for "access chromecast on an amazon firestick. "

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Stock Android doesn't feature Miracast support which is the universal wireless casting technology found in the Firestick and competing products. Google removed it years ago in favor of their own system Chromecast.

Some phones like those made by Samsung have Miracast the added so they are able to cast the screen to an Amazon Firestick.

That is why the Motorola manual says you need to use Chromecast, it runs near stock Android and lacks support for Miracast.