A factory reset still wants old credentials

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I lost a phone (Oreo) about 6 months ago. It's now been found, but it wouldn't let me login so I did a factory reset. Now, I get to a screen that looks like it wants the old username/password that it has cached? "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google account that was previously synced on this device".

I've tried the current password as well as the last 2 old passwords and none work.
I've tried resetting the password so it asks me for the recovery email which I give it. I go through the password reset process and it brings me back to "This device was reset..." I just go around and round in circles.

I did connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi before doing the reset. Is it still connecting? The phone hasn't had a data plan since I lost it.

In Google's devices and it shows I logged out of the phone. I've reset about 4 times now. I understand FRP is supposed to help us. But this is screwing me up big time.

Brick?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not much we can help with , did you report the phone lost or stolen? Maybe that could be the issue but still if you cant remember the account password and user name its going to be pretty hard to do anything at this point .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't find anything looking it up just now but based on memory I thought you had to wait 24hrs after resetting a Google Account password before it works to bypass FRP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Really? Is that a MN thing, because on CB there is lots of discussion for example on how to work with or with not BBProtect for example?

We allow discussions of legitimate ways of recovering a phone or an account, like Samsung's Find My Mobile. But no discussions on hacks or tinkering to get around security features like Factory Reset Protection.