Does anyone know if enabling the finger print sensor to pull down the notification shade and the Lift-To-Wake functions have been removed from Android 11 or am I missing something? They were still available on Android 10...

PS It also seems that the Two-Button navigation option is gone as well
    06-07-2021 08:31 AM
    I use both fingerprint pull-down and lift-to-wake on my Pixel 4a 5G. What device do you have?

2-button navigation doesn't seem to be an option, only 3-button.
    adonesc76 likes this.
    06-07-2021 08:38 AM
    Does anyone know if enabling the finger print sensor to pull down the notification shade and the Lift-To-Wake functions have been removed from Android 11 or am I missing something? They were still available on Android 10...

I use both on my Pixel 4a with Android 11 and 12 Beta.
    adonesc76 likes this.
    06-07-2021 08:44 AM

I'm running lift to wake and 2 button nav on 11 on my pixel 3XL.... I have the fingerprint sensor pull down notifications option as well. I forget where they're located atm though... and I'm not near my phone... sorry Someone will explain it
    adonesc76 likes this.
    06-08-2021 03:27 AM
    Settings > System > Gestures
    J Dubbs and adonesc76 like this.
    06-08-2021 07:34 AM
    Settings > System > Gestures
    Yep. On Android 11. Checked. Lift-To-Wake is gone as well as the option to enable the fingerprint scanner for lowering the notification shade. The two buttons navigation option is no longer available either (this one I don't care that much because I've been using full gestures navigation since it became available and never looked back).

But thanks for all the replies and suggestions.👍👍
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-08-2021 09:26 PM
    @adonsec76 I guess an important question we neglected to ask - what device?
    J Dubbs and adonesc76 like this.
    06-08-2021 09:28 PM
    @adonsec76 I guess an important question we neglected to ask - what device?
    Well it turns out it was just a software update. So I got the update and now Lift-To-Wake is back. The pulling down of the notification shade with the fingerprint scanner is not back, though that may be because on my device I have a side mounted fingerprint scanner which is also the power button. The two buttons navigation is still gone (not that I care that much about it).

The scanner would have been useful because you can't swipe down on the screen to bring the notification shade down while you are inside an open app. So that would have been useful. Or maybe I just don't know where it it located. It isn't in gestures or notifications or fingerprint scanner settings.
    06-09-2021 05:42 PM
    The scanner would have been useful because you can't swipe down on the screen to bring the notification shade down while you are inside an open app. So that would have been useful. Or maybe I just don't know where it it located. It isn't in gestures or notifications or fingerprint scanner settings.
    Maybe it depends on the app but I don't really have difficulty with pulling down the notification shade while in apps.
    adonesc76 and J Dubbs like this.
    06-09-2021 06:01 PM
    Well it turns out it was just a software update. So I got the update and now Lift-To-Wake is back. The pulling down of the notification shade with the fingerprint scanner is not back, though that may be because on my device I have a side mounted fingerprint scanner which is also the power button. The two buttons navigation is still gone (not that I care that much about it).

You have the pixel 5?
    adonesc76 likes this.
    06-09-2021 06:18 PM
    Maybe it depends on the app but I don't really have difficulty with pulling down the notification shade while in apps.
    Oh no, that is not what I meant. Its just that when you are inside an app you cannot swipe anywhere on the screen (like when the apps are closed) to pull the notification shade downwards. You have to do the normal pull from the top. I have a big phone, which is heavy besides having a humongous screen ( too big it turns out), so I wish I'd be able to use the fingerprint scanner to be able to pull the notification shade, especially when attempting to do it one-handed.
    06-09-2021 07:46 PM
    You have the pixel 5?
    No.
    06-09-2021 07:46 PM
    No.
    Ok is there a secret why your not mentioning phone?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-09-2021 08:02 PM
    Why we asking is we can better help you as lot of us have different phones and multiple ones.
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    06-09-2021 08:36 PM
    Remember that features associated with a specific Android version are not universal across all manufacturers. What Google does for their Pixel phones is not always adopted by other manufacturers, and conversely, many other manufacturers come up with their own features that won't be seen on Pixel phones.

So it really would help to know which device you have. This is probably not a specific Android 11 issue.
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    06-09-2021 11:34 PM
    Isn't the pull down notification shade with fingerprint sensor a pixel only feature?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-10-2021 04:11 AM
    Isn't the pull down notification shade with fingerprint sensor a pixel only feature?
    No , I did that with my Note 9 series
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-10-2021 10:27 AM
    Works on Samsung as well.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-10-2021 10:33 AM
    I think some older LG also
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-10-2021 10:37 AM