Got the android 11 update I didn't ask for (I feel so violated) and it seems one of the shiny new "features" is that if I click the side of the screen/background while on the task manager page, it takes me to a different set of homescreens with google's news page occupying the far left screen.

I already have my preferred launcher default set to nova pro.

Using the home button while on the random homescreens takes me back to my default home screen.

I just want my phone to take me to my single default homescreen when expected to, like it always has.
    06-21-2021 05:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?

Remember, updates are important because of security patches and security improvements -- not just because of the addition (or removal) of features.

So it sounds like when you tap on the side of the App Overview, the stock One UI launcher opens up instead of Nova? Are you certain Nova is set as the default home app?

This might actually be an issue with Nova, rather than the phone's firmware. Send feedback to TeslaCoil to let them know.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    VidJunky likes this.
    06-21-2021 05:29 PM
    Got the android 11 update I didn't ask for (I feel so violated) and it seems one of the shiny new "features" is that if I click the side of the screen/background while on the task manager page, it takes me to a different set of homescreens with google's news page occupying the far left screen.

I already have my preferred launcher default set to nova pro.

Using the home button while on the random homescreens takes me back to my default home screen.

I just want my phone to take me to my single default homescreen when expected to, like it always has.
    You can delete those home pages
    06-21-2021 08:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?

Remember, updates are important because of security patches and security improvements -- not just because of the addition (or removal) of features.

So it sounds like when you tap on the side of the App Overview, the stock One UI launcher opens up instead of Nova? Are you certain Nova is set as the default home app?

This might actually be an issue with Nova, rather than the phone's firmware. Send feedback to TeslaCoil to let them know.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Nova doesnt use TeslaCoil anymore
    06-21-2021 08:10 PM
    Nova doesnt use TeslaCoil anymore
    The name of the developer is still TeslaCoil. I think you're thinking of TeslaUnread, which was the old plugin that added unread count badges to the icons, which is now integrated into Nova without having to use TeslaUnread.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-21-2021 11:23 PM
    The name of the developer is still TeslaCoil. I think you're thinking of TeslaUnread, which was the old plugin that added unread count badges to the icons, which is now integrated into Nova without having to use TeslaUnread.
    Ahh yes lol
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-21-2021 11:27 PM