Google Assistant not Setting Reminders by Voice

KenWK

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Since I got it, my S8 has allowed me to push the activation for the the assistant and say "Remind me at 4:00 to..." with something following. All of a sudden (not sure when it started) it seems to be ignoring the "remind me" keywords and does a web search instead.

Any have any ideas?

KenWK

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I turned off auto update in the Play Store and uninstalled "Assitant" from the apps list. This removed the bar from my home page. This didn't help.

Should I be doing similar with the "Google" app? When I did the "Disable" on that it asked about returning it to factory, but then says "all data will be lost" so I did NOT do that. Is the "data" it's referring to browsing and request history-like stuff?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I turned off auto update in the Play Store and uninstalled "Assitant" from the apps list. This removed the bar from my home page. This didn't help.

Should I be doing similar with the "Google" app? When I did the "Disable" on that it asked about returning it to factory, but then says "all data will be lost" so I did NOT do that. Is the "data" it's referring to browsing and request history-like stuff?
Yeah the Google app means it will Uninstall the update to previous , if sync your book marks will be there just recent pages history will be deleted

KenWK

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
OK, so maybe I'm being thick, but after doing that I don't seem to be able to access the assistant or google in any way, including holding down the home button. When I hold down the home button it does the large white circle but then that just goes away and nothing happens.

What am I missing?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, so maybe I'm being thick, but after doing that I don't seem to be able to access the assistant or google in any way, including holding down the home button. When I hold down the home button it does the large white circle but then that just goes away and nothing happens.

What am I missing?
Maybe have to enable assistant

KenWK

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
OK, so feeling a little silly here. Apparently this is just an update to the app. Before now I've always been able to touch the microphone on the home screen widget and set a reminder.

This guy:

Now, however, the reminder only works when I activate the assistant with the home button or a blue tooth device.