[MEGATHREAD] Voice command has stopped working

A

AC Question

How do I fix "Unfortunately, voice command has stopped," message?

how can i fix it? i cant use my phone because it pops up always even i click its option "ok"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, voice command has stopped

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and now see if you can find Voice Command in the list. If you do, select it and clear its app cache/data, then Force Stop. Now see if the problem persists.

mtl_jm

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site

Another message appears when I first turn on the phone and it's usually under the 'unfortunately Voice command has stopped' and this one says 'Unfortunately the process android.process.media has stopped'

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Another message appears when I first turn on the phone and it's usually under the 'unfortunately Voice command has stopped' and this one says 'Unfortunately the process android.process.media has stopped'

That can be due to some corrupted media file. If you have an SD card inserted, try unmounting and removing it. If the media error persists, then the corrupted file might be on the phone's storage.

Have you tried wiping the cache partition yet, or Safe Mode?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Go to settings >apps> tap 3 dots upper right corner and choose system app , find Google play services and clear it's data cache, force stop.

mtl_jm

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site

When trying to wipe cache partition an Android shows up flat on his back with the words No command. Same message for anything in that same menu.

Also tried safe mode problems still persists.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

When trying to wipe cache partition an Android shows up flat on his back with the words No command. Same message for anything in that same menu.

Also tried safe mode problems still persists.
When you see the andriod bot on its back , press power/volume up once more , but also try my suggestion.

mtl_jm

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site

Go to settings >apps> tap 3 dots upper right corner and choose system app , find Google play services and clear it's data cache, force stop.

Updates uninstalled, cache/data for voice command and cache partition wiped, safe mode done too and also removed the SD card and put it back in.
Google play services cleared cache and forced it to stop.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Updates uninstalled, cache/data for voice command and cache partition wiped, safe mode done too and also removed the SD card and put it back in.
Google play services cleared cache and forced it to stop.
Google play services, and Google frame work do both and see

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Did you reset with the SD card out, and not reinserted after the reset? The card may be causing some problem.

I mentioned Developer Options, which is in Settings, earlier, because under certain circumstances, which I cannot recall, one of the options can cause the trouble you describe.

mtl_jm

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site

Did you reset with the SD card out, and not reinserted after the reset? The card may be causing some problem.

I mentioned Developer Options, which is in Settings, earlier, because under certain circumstances, which I cannot recall, one of the options can cause the trouble you describe.

Just tried resetting the phone without the SD card and did not reinsert it after the reset but problem is still there.
As for the Developper options it's switched off.

I watched videos on Youtube and people who reset the phone have to choose the language and set up as new... My phone just starts up like usual (with my problem of course!) but is this normal? Seems like it hasn't been reset ??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non