I am trying to download images and files off my S10 via USB cable.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've used the cable I received with the phone to connect to my computer, and my computer does not recognize the phone (yes, I've unlocked it), and my phone just vibrates incessantly once it's connected and does not charge either. I thought it was the usb cable, I purchased a new one and I get the same result. Thought maybe it's my computer, tried two other different computers, and it's the same result. I just want to download my images off my phone before it starts to really not work because the storage is full. Never had this issue with previous Samsungs. Every time that it was time to clean my phone up, I would always use a USB cable and transfer them off without an issue. The phone would always recognize the computer and vice versa. I've also changed the configuration in the Default USB Configuration in the Developer Options to Transferring Files. I've also plugged everything when on Airplane Mode, still nothing. Thank you in advance for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect, swipe down the notification panel -- is there any USB notification there at all?

Also, make sure the phone's USB port is completely clear of any debris. Blow it out with a can of compressed air, and scrub it with a dry toothbrush.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

gk2012

Aug 30, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for your response!
When the phone is connected and I swipe the notification panel, there is no USB notification at all. To me, that's the indicator that something's not right...
The only thing that it shows that is related to the USB, is it vibrates as soon as it's plugged in and in the Settings is states "check your charger connection."
I tried a different port on my laptop, and then as soon as it's plugged in, I see the charger icon but it's not charging, it's just vibrating and it doesn't stop...
Not really sure what to do at this point.

gk2012

Aug 30, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I used a dry toothbrush and tried a new USB cable. I am able to charge the phone without an issue when it's plugged into the wall plug using the USB cable. Not sure what the deal is... Is there a setting I should be changing? This is actually my first time trying to download images off my s10. All Samsung models I did this quite often without an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87