02-07-2022 08:46 AM
117 12345
tools
    I went to google play store uninstalled and reinstalled speech services app seems to have corrected problem
    01-15-2022 12:46 PM
    Merged another thread.
    01-15-2022 12:51 PM
    As others have noted, the Speech Services have their own settings for controlling auto updates.

My phone is a Samung A20e and I'm in UK and using English (UK)

My situation may have been slightly different in that the Google App was disabled in settings (I disabled it when I bought the phone). The problem first manifested itself after I downloaded an update (via Google Play Store) for "Speech Services by Google" (which it announced as a renamed and updated version of Google Text To Speech Engine).

With hindsight it might seem a bit odd that an update was being offered for a disabled app (i.e. I'm not sure if that is normal practice or not).

Sometime soon after the afore-mentioned Speech Services by Google update I received a notification sound and saw the scrolling download icon in noifications for an English (UK) update.

Couldn't work out what was the cause / what to do, so googled and found this thread.

From this thread I deduced that it was to do with the Google App. But as mentioned, Google App was disabled on the phone and so I could not access Google in Settings

So turned on Google App. Then offered an update to said app. So applied this and subsequently managed to access "Settings > Google > Settings for Google Apps > Search, Assistant & Voice > Voice > Offline Speech Recognition".

Tried changing the download settings as mentioned by chez6229. Issue went away, but returned a few hours later.

In the end what solved it for me was uninstalling an English (UK) language update (that was supposedly already there and may not necessarily be the same as the one that was trying to be downloaded), disabling English (UK), re-enabling English (UK), letting it reinstall the previously removed English (UK) update. Note that English (US) was still there throughout (is it installed by default on all devices anyhow?).

I then left the Google App enabled on for a day. All OK. So then disbled Google App again, still all OK for a few days now.
    belodion likes this.
    01-16-2022 04:19 AM
    Go to google play store search for speech services by Google Uninstaller it then update it and problem will be solved
    01-16-2022 11:21 AM
    Go to google play store search for speech services by Google Uninstaller it then update it and problem will be solved
    Welcome to AC!
    Thanks for tip , looks like couple things already worked in this thread
    01-16-2022 01:15 PM
    Welcome to AC!
    Thanks for tip , looks like couple things already worked in this thread
    Update on solution & issue:

Phone: Samsung S9

Before trying below I Uninstalled the Language relevant & changed the update settings to do not auto update.

Clear cache & Force Stop + Restart: Temporarily removed but appeared again.

Uninstalled Speech service (from Play Store) & reinstalled (had Update option) + Restart: Temporarily removed but appeared again.

Uninstalled Speech service (from Play Store) & Disabled Speech Service (from phone's app settings): Resolved but unable to use Speech service untill Google adds a patch or update.
    01-16-2022 05:09 PM
    Update on solution & issue:

Phone: Samsung S9

Before trying below I Uninstalled the Language relevant & changed the update settings to do not auto update.

Clear cache & Force Stop + Restart: Temporarily removed but appeared again.

Uninstalled Speech service (from Play Store) & reinstalled (had Update option) + Restart: Temporarily removed but appeared again.

Uninstalled Speech service (from Play Store) & Disabled Speech Service (from phone's app settings): Resolved but unable to use Speech service untill Google adds a patch or update.
    Welcome, thanks for posting your fix .
    01-16-2022 05:23 PM
    My Samsung Z-fold edge has been trying to download the English update for 4 days. I read through the forum, changed all the settings per the forum suggestions, and it's still stuck. I've turned my phone off and on several times a day and it's STILL STUCK. I have no idea what else to do. It's killing my battery. Please make it stop!!!!
    01-18-2022 09:29 PM
    My Samsung Z-fold edge has been trying to download the English update for 4 days. I read through the forum, changed all the settings per the forum suggestions, and it's still stuck. I've turned my phone off and on several times a day and it's STILL STUCK. I have no idea what else to do. It's killing my battery. Please make it stop!!!!
    [Merge you with ongoing talk about this]
    01-18-2022 09:32 PM
    My new Samsung tablet is trying to download English (uk) update. How can I stop it. Every time I switch it on its trying to download it
    01-19-2022 02:18 PM
    My new Samsung tablet is trying to download English (uk) update. How can I stop it. Every time I switch it on its trying to download it
    Allow me to introduce you to some new friends.

Threads merged.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-19-2022 02:42 PM
    Speech services by Google has been downloading for several hours. I did not initiate the download. How do I stop it?
    01-21-2022 09:50 PM
    Another one to add to the collection.
    01-21-2022 09:55 PM
    This pupload has been stuck for at least 24 hours how do zi get rid of it?
    01-21-2022 10:31 PM
    01-21-2022 11:10 PM
    How do I get the download to stop
    01-22-2022 04:20 AM
    I do not approve of Google try to download things on my phone i never asked for or tried to install. I try to cancel and won't let me so I have to turn off phone to make it stop.
    01-22-2022 05:37 AM
    My phone doesn't have "Default Apps" there.
    Neither does mine. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
    01-22-2022 05:52 AM
    I do not approve of Google try to download things on my phone i never asked for or tried to install. I try to cancel and won't let me so I have to turn off phone to make it stop.

Threads merged.
    01-22-2022 07:47 AM
    How do I get the download to stop

Threads merged.
    01-22-2022 07:51 AM
    I dont know where this came from, im pretty sure its from an apk or some sort
    It says * Internet Access Required *0 in English btw
    01-22-2022 07:56 AM
    As stated above this is a bug after a recent update for the Speech Services by Google. The quickest fix is force stop the app and clear cache in its Storage section.

Speech services downloading English update stuck-screenshot_20220122-111906.jpg
    01-22-2022 08:22 AM
    Neither does mine. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
    Welcome to AC!
    Have you gone over the thread here?
    01-22-2022 08:36 AM
    It keeps coming back after restarting
    01-22-2022 01:58 PM
    01-22-2022 02:01 PM
117 12345