Why a Green Line is going from the top to to the bottom on my S20 plus Screen??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It's been 3 days, a green line is running on my S20 plus Screen. No solutions till today for it. #boycottSamsung

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a bad screen. You can confirm this by checking a screenshot to see if it appears there.

These issues are why there are warranties on devices, but they can be caused by any number of events beyond a failing panel. That phone model is nearly 3 years old. Should it last longer? yes. is it worth boycotting the manufacturer because a part failed? I don't think so, parts fail all the time.

I just replaced a swollen battery on a Dell laptop (under warranty, mind you), maybe the business I support that owns that laptop should start boycotting Dell computers because of it. See how silly that argument is?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung may instead boycott you, though I imagine that they would be no more troubled by your comment than an elephant by the tiniest of gnats.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any piece of tech can fail without warning. That's why there are warranties, and it's important to understand how long those warranties are good for, and what they cover.

Are you going to boycott every single company that makes a device that failed?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any piece of tech can fail without warning. That's why there are warranties, and it's important to understand how long those warranties are good for, and what they cover.

Are you going to boycott every single company that makes a device that failed?
Like to add also get insurance on a device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez