Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on after Factory Reset and Restore

A

AC Question

Ok, so a few days ago my phone would not open up the stock messaging app, it simply would not open, or receive texts. I tried a few things I'd seen around forums e.g. clearing cache and deleting other apps to no avail.
I saw that a Factory Reset may be the answer, so I downloaded Kies 3 and backed up all my data to it. I did a Factory Reset, and then whilst it was fresh checked to see whether the messaging app was working (it was). I then proceeded to Restore all the Backed Up data from Kies. It seemed to be going fine and completed, but went to a screen that looked a lot like TV interference (e.g. looked broken). Kies then said it did not recognise the device, so I turned my phone off.
Now, my phone will not turn on at all, it is completely unresponsive. I have taken the battery out for a while, tried to charge it, plugged it back in with Kies, but I'm receiving absolutely 0 feedback from it. It appears to be dead.
Thank you in advance for any help,

Daniel Hartley

DannyHartley

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Golfdriver97, I'm the one that asked the question (I made an account so I could subscribe to the thread). I have tried that, but as I said it's completely unresponsive and will not react to anything.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Golfdriver97, I'm the one that asked the question (I made an account so I could subscribe to the thread). I have tried that, but as I said it's completely unresponsive and will not react to anything.

Ok, this is not good news. You can try sending it off to a JTAG service. They might be able to revive the OS. I have not used one before, so I can't suggest anyone. Otherwise, do you have insurance?

DannyHartley

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it doesn't look good. And I May well do that, I'm not sure if I have insurance. The most annoying bit is, that prior to the restore the phone was working fine (apart from texts) so it seems that its Kies that has broken it...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it doesn't look good. And I May well do that, I'm not sure if I have insurance. The most annoying bit is, that prior to the restore the phone was working fine (apart from texts) so it seems that its Kies that has broken it...

Yeah, that is the bummer part. You have an American carrier? Sprint, Verizon?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm British and I am currently with Tesco Mobile, although the phone is originally from Orange.

Your carrier might have insurance wrapped into your plan. I would visit them, ask, and tell them what happened. They may have another option(s) for you, i.e. upgrade early, option of buying an inexpensive phone, etc.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'll try that, thanks again for your help.

Hopefully you can get your device fixed. Assuming for a moment you have insurance, I would weight the cost of the deductible (if any) versus a new phone. Say for example if the deductible is 100 pounds, and you can either get a new device for 150, or upgrade for about the same, I would take all that into consideration.

Good luck and see you around the forums.

Marvel Ariff

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Trend will not turn on after Download Mode and Factory Reset

my fhone cannot open download mode...
after I press home + power + volume down ..
he flame then off ...
Can't you help me..???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa