Galaxy S4 car bluetooth not recognising my contacts

A

AC Question

I've just recently upgraded from an S2 to an S4. I've moved all my contacts across and everything seemed to be going fine. However, after pairing with my car's bluetooth, I've been unable to access my contacts through the bluetooth.

With my old S2, I used to hit the call button on my steering wheel (I have a 2014 Holden Cruze CDX), say a contact (ie "Call Dad", or "Call Luke Mobile", etc), and it would call that contact listing. Now, with the S4, it refuses to recognise any of my contacts. It attempts to interpret what I'm saying as numbers or other commands. Telling it to dial my girlfriend gets interpreted as 'call *4", my dad is 'go back', and my brother Luke is 'play CD'. I have not had the car serviced since changing phones (so no updates on their part), and neither have I suffered a stroke or other speech-altering illness, so I can only conclude that the phone refuses to recognise and utilise my contact list when used through bluetooth.

Is there a solution to this problem? Because having a hands-free set that won't let me dial out pretty much defeats most of the reason I have it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you do the initial pairing, there will often be a dialog box on your phone that asks you if you want your phonebook to be transferred--you have to make sure you accept it. Try unpairing the phone, then pairing again, and look at the phone screen to see if that dialog box comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress