Over my car speakers, receiving & sending by voice my texts - is this possible thru my phone?

A

AC Question

Friend has a 2013 Hyundai with no nav. screen or capability. With her quite new Nokia phone, she can receive voice translation of her texts and she can dictate back her replies via her voice through her car's speakers. *I* want to do that, too. I have a 2013 Lexus ES350 with a complete Nav system and can receive my phone CALLS thru the car speakers. I've been TOLD by Lexus I can receive texts that way (translated by voice) but cannot dictate them back (only can reply with 8 or so canned replies that I would choose), that the car is not capable of that, only the 2014 models. So, is this capability strictly a PHONE capability or is it a car capability or a combination of both? If I SHOULD be able to do this, perhaps with an app, can someone guide me? I'm not that techy as you can tell and clearly all of you know what the heck you are talking about!!! Lexus doesn't seem too sure of anything. All my searching has been for nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress