Google Apps Not Showing Up Under "My Apps"

A

AC Question

On a brand new Nexus 5 the pre-installed Google apps (Hangouts, Google chrome, Google Play Services etc.) aren't showing up under the "My Apps" section of the Google play store, and therefore are not being updated. Once an app like Hangouts is updated manually it does show up.

Obviously the fix for this is relatively simple but I'm still curious what the issue is since I don't remember this happening on other Android phones i have used in the past(It seems very strange that even Google Play Services would not be auto-updated). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! This is actually pretty normal behavior, and I don't know why. I've seen it on all Android devices I've ever used. I make it a habit to periodically do a search on Google Play for "Google" and scan through all Google apps to see if there are any updates to preinstalled system apps that I haven't been alerted to. But once a preinstalled Google app has been updated, it will subsequently show up in your Installed Apps list, and you will then be notified of any further updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae