Nexus 5 can't save new contacts

A

AC Question

Hello everyone. I would really really appreciate your help.

I have a nexus 5. And I can't save any contacts to it! I have read many posts and threads that advises to make sure I'm saving contacts to my "people" and not to the gmail account. But it isn't working still. I mean, I create a new contact, and within 10 minutes more or less and it is gone.

I deleted the misc files recently because they were huge. Could that be the reason to my issue? And if so, can you help me? Thanks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't think that your music would play any part in this however stranger things have happened I'm sure. Meanwhile, look at this go to your people app and upper left corner what does it say? Mine says Phonebook and under that it says multiple sources. If you touch that a drop down window appears with check boxes, make sure you have all of the check boxes checked for the sources of the contacts you want to see. Perhaps you turned off the listing for the contacts stored on the phone??? If you have the phone contacts checked as though they should be displayed post back and we'll go from there.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have either of you checked your listings in the people app? Have you tried saving the contacts to another location, SIM, backup thru your carrier? Do they still disappear?

Posted via Android Central App

Dang Mac

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. I've been reading through these forums for quite some time now and i also Purchased a nexus 5 in April of 2014. Contacts saved for the first month and following into the second month then contacts started not saving after a brief moment of saving. Months pass and still no solution. Now I have fixed it after update to android 5 lollipop. It seems to be a synchronization issue. Long story short, I figured out you must go into the phones settings and not google settings. Click accounts and in account click google. Then click your email address as it appears next to a sync icon. Then unchecked the contacts box and or also unchecked gmail also. Remember to unchecked so they don't sync. After that it should be a breeze. I hope this helps those who had this contact saving issue. If I'm not mistakened, it has to be a synchronization problem with google. It really doesnt affect the main aspects of the phone but having just numbers and no name plate save. Its a tad boring and difficult to pinpoint a direct contact to call. I leave my method of solution to those who would wish saving contacts wasn't an annoying process in such a great device like the nexus 5. #good luck

Abbi Leverton

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I've tried all the suggestions given except getting lollipop (I'm on version 6.0.1 so it would essentially be a downgrade and I can't find a way of doing that). Is there anything else I can try to get my contacts to save? The strange thing for mine is that the ones I've lost are people who's numbers I've had for over a year, it's only in the last couple of weeks they have wiped and it's not keeping them saved. Any tips would be very much appreciated.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's been forever since this thread was active so I don't remember everything, but open your people app, contacts, so that you're looking at your contacts. What does it say in the upper left hand corner? Without looking, it should say something like contacts, multiple sources, our it may just be Facebook, gmail, or Yahoo, something like that. Touch that and be sure the correct sources are checked. For example I don't have any real friends on Twitter so I've disabled them from appearing in my contacts. As for why they won't re-save. It could be that you are saying them to a disabled account. When you create a contact you have the option to pick what kind of contact it is, Yahoo, gmail, almost any of options from the step prior to this. Hopefully you are saying them to gmail or a service that backs them up. For gmail it's simple enough to check your contacts and even add new ones from a pc or laptop. Simply log into your account and navigate to contacts. There you can see what you have saved, handle multiples, and edit contacts more easily. You can also add contacts this way and could try adding them here to sync with your device knowing that they will be saved.

VidJunky posted via the HTC M9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non