Nexus 5 restarts automatically

A

AC Question

Using a nexus 5 with STOCK 4.4.4 bought 6 months ago.

In the morning, it was working all fine, while it automatically stops working. It refuses to switch ON when not connected to a charger, and when I connect it to a charger, it keeps on re-booting after the screen where it shows "Google".

Yes, I did try entering the bootloader, by pressing the vol down/vol up+vol down+power/ power for 10 secs/vol up+power. None of these combinations work.

Any ideas on what could be the issue and how can I go around solving it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it only Powers On when connected to a charger, that suggests the battery may be faulty.
If you Power Off the phone, are you unable to enter Recovery Mode? If you can enter Recovery Mode, wiping the Cache Partition may help.

Posted via Android Central App

jigars1991

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I tried getting into recovery mode(power+vol down keys), and it enters into the recovery mode, but again reboots after a second.
The time is so short, that one can only see that it enters recovery mode, but can't perform any action.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have read other threads about this issue, and I think it may be an issue with a faulty Power button. Since your Nexus 5 is only 6 months old, I would contact Google about warranty work (if you got it directly from Google). If you got it somewhere else, you might have to go through LG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa