Galaxy S5 - App to load to enhance scans of barcode displayed on the screen?

A

AC Question

I just got my new S5 yesterday - my first Samsung and so far I'm liking it (2 Droids previously). During set up I noticed a Notification come across about a new feature which requires an App to load - it has to do with enhancing the ability of a hand held scanner to read a barcode from the S5 screen display. Unfortunately I rebooted and lost the message prior to writing down the App name. I can't seen to find what I want in the Market and haven't successfully found the answer here. Everything I find is about the S5 reading barcodes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What feature was it supposed to help with? Maybe an S5 owner here could help you if you let us know what it is you're trying to set up :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Craig R

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I was just loading old Apps to new phone. Nothing to do with bar codes. It was a Notification that I looked at briefly but lost across a reboot. It said the S5 had new features which allowed better/more accurate wand scans of bar codes (e.g. tickets) displayed on the S5 screen. You needed to load an App.....the name is what I'm seeking.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wayne Thomason

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
The front-facing IR sender can be used by BeepNGo, by MoBeam. This app is a loyalty card and coupon wallet that can send the barcode to "ANY" barcode scanner including laser scanners. It displays the barcode on the screen but also activates the IR sender and sends the barcode by pulsing the IR rapidly. This works *MOST* of the time and so far it has always worked on the supermarket laser scanners. It's not 100% successful on gas station loyalty card scanners. Depending on the age or model of the scanner on the gas pump, it may not work at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38