Phone lens fogged up, HELP!

rachelmcadams

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC one mini, and it accidentally fell into the toilet earlier today. I immediately took it out and dried/sterilised it. Everything worked fine, except later on I noticed that both the front and back camera lens are fogged up. I googled it and saw that blow drying it is an option, so I did that and it worked, only to fog back up several seconds later. The phone back can't be removed so i'm not able to touch the actual lens, how do I fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's fogging up because a small amount of moisture probably got in there and is condensing on the lens glass. Blow drying it temporarily makes it go away, because it heats the condensation up and makes it evaporate, but when it cools again, it will condense again.

How did you initially dry the phone, and for how long? I would use the rice-in-a bag trick for at least 24 hrs. Put the phone in a ziploc bag of uncooked rice, seal it, and leave it alone for at least 24 hrs. Hopefully, the rice will absorb enough moisture such that the condensation will disappear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87