not recieving e-mails on my android

A

AC Question

my android e-mail is linked to my business outlook e-mail; as of yesterday, it does not record and recieve--any ideas on how i can get this function back? thanks--craig in tucson

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First make sure that your password and/or credentials for the Outlook servers haven't changed. Then, check whether the sync options for your e-mail account are set to ON and that the overall sync switch on your device is not off. I'm assuming you can still get e-mail from a PC, am I correct?

You can also try to force a re-sync by updating your credentials in your Outlook account (just update your password, even if it's the same one).

eric201459

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had issues ever since at and t updated my phone yesterday. I've rentered passwords again and again and three of my accounts won't sync. Strangely enough...I can send from one email account, but can't receive. I have restarted the phone three times. Are you on at an t?

eric201459

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
under sync settings my gallaxy s3 shows sync email as checked, but the date from the update yesterday. No matter how many times I uncheck and recheck it shows the date yesterday when the update occured.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not on AT&T's network to see if it's an issue on their side. But if you updated your phone yesterday, that might be what's causing it. Do you have another work account you could add? Maybe ask a friend at work to let you add their account just for testing, and then deleting all the data. This would check to see if it's an issue with any syncs or just existing ones. IF the new account syncs, what I'd suggest is to remove your accounts, reboot, and add them again (yes, I know it's a PITA setting things back to the way you liked them and it's going to consume data syncing, but if that makes it work again...)

PS: Check your date/time settings. If they're not set to the correct date, sync can run into a lot of undisclosed issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non