Note 3 Audio Issue

A

AC Question

So I got a Note 3 like 5 days ago and its lovely eh. Only problem I got so far, the audio when I'm using headphones, idk about the things speakers. I'm just talking about at least when you just play a mp3 with it or listen to a youtube video, so idk about calls and stuff cuz I got no1 to call. So the monumental problem here is that there's this very quiet but very audible crackling static noise that plays WHILE the mp3 is playing or sound in general is playing. So basically the audio is invalid unless ur listening to something loud and stuff. Is this on every Note 3 or is this rare? I mean as far as I could tell the s4 was fine. My laptop and pc are fine. You should hear NOTHING but the audio content u no, not the ugly static or whatever the noise is that the phone seems to be producing.

Is there some magical solution to make the phone a finished product? Something I'm missing?

Btw I have a T-Mobile Note 3, up to date, and I used two sets of top notch headphones. Problem occurs at home and when on the go. Nothing is damaged but me.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So I got a Note 3 like 5 days ago and its lovely eh. Only problem I got so far, the audio when I'm using headphones, idk about the things speakers. I'm just talking about at least when you just play a mp3 with it or listen to a youtube video, so idk about calls and stuff cuz I got no1 to call. So the monumental problem here is that there's this very quiet but very audible crackling static noise that plays WHILE the mp3 is playing or sound in general is playing. So basically the audio is invalid unless ur listening to something loud and stuff. Is this on every Note 3 or is this rare? I mean as far as I could tell the s4 was fine. My laptop and pc are fine. You should hear NOTHING but the audio content u no, not the ugly static or whatever the noise is that the phone seems to be producing.

Is there some magical solution to make the phone a finished product? Something I'm missing?

Btw I have a T-Mobile Note 3, up to date, and I used two sets of top notch headphones. Problem occurs at home and when on the go. Nothing is damaged but me.

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Sorry to hear that. We could all be damaged in some way .

I have not heard of that issue on the Note 3 forums, so no it shouldn't be like that. My first thoughts would be the source, so if you have used the music from the same sd card on an older phone, it may not have been as noticeable. If you store music on the device storage or just stream ota that wouldn't apply.
There must be many ways you can experiment with transferring other music across.
I only have high quality wav files, ie music ripped from my cd's and dragged across from my computer and that works very well.

Consider an sd card may be on the way out, or your mp3's need replacing.
If it affects all audio, such as streaming radio, then there indeed may be an issue with the phone. I would have to think more on it later.
I use the stock Note 3 music player, but there are other recommended music apps out there which may exacerbate the issue or cure it if there is an issue with the stock music app, but I doubt it.
If the speaker is fine and its just the headphones, there's no point in using the Speaker Clean app.
Could be the audio jack except it's a new phone and your description makes it unlikely.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Note 3 owner here. I listen to lots of Pandora, YouTube, podcasts, and my own mp3 files with no crackling.

1st suggestion is headphone jack has gone bad.

2nd suggestion try different headphones, cheap earbuds.

3rd suggestion if crackling is still there is return phone for replacement

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress