Android newbie question about bluetooth pairing

banjomensch

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a THL5000 (kitkat), switching from an iPhone5

When I try to pair a bluetooth device, I get "Couldn't pair with .....because of an incorrect PIN or passkey"

But there's no place to enter the passkey.

This is maddening! Any help would be appreciated...

/john

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device are you trying to pair? Try unpairing the device so that it disappears from your Bluetooth list. Now try the pairing process again, and see if it prompts you to enter a PIN.

Does the Bluetooth device you're trying to pair have a manual? Are you following the pairing instructions exactly?

Does the Bluetooth device pair successfully with other phones or tablets? If so, it may be a problem with your phone's firmware. It looks like your phone is from a relatively unknown manufacturer, which raises the risk of hardware or firmware defects.

banjomensch

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Trying, variously, to pair with a fitbit flex, a polar heart monitor, a pioneer AVIC stereo. In each case it complains about an invalid pin, but nowhere is there a place to input the pin! I have successfully paired with a Pebble watch, so it's on and off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you try pairing those devices to a different Android phone or tablet? Are they supposed to be Bluetooth-compatible with Android devices?