some of the applications don`t open -- if open it shows black screen .?

Vikas Sharma10

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
till yesterday all the application was working fine . but in the morning when i started searching my gmail . it showed the inbox , but when i taped the mail to read the mail . it did`nt open ,and the application gmail closed immediately. the mail was from flipkart. but then i tried to open some other application like internet or google it opens and close immediately . i also tried teen patti , and tambola from octro games but the same fate, in recent app button it shows the application are open in the background but with black screen . then i installed clear cache from play store it also opened with black screen . i reset my phone . but did not get success . rest like gallery , videos , you tube viber is working , some are not working or you can say they are not opening properly. ANY HELP :(:(:(:(:(

I AM HAVING LG E455

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you reset your phone, do you mean a full factory reset, or a simple reboot?

Try booting into Safe Mode. For Android devices, you can usually do this by pressing and holding the Power button as if you want to power off the phone. When the power dialog box comes up, press and hold the "Power Off" selection until you see an option for Safe Mode. Tap Ok, and it should reboot into Safe Mode. This will disable all 3rd party apps, and let you see if the problem is with the system itself, or with some app you installed.

Vikas Sharma10

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply ,

1. i did full factory reset . i lost my contact list .
2. even in SAFE mode my mail open when i further tried to read full mail the application closes . even gmail , internet does . before going in safe mode i downloaded yahoo mail application but that also did not opened . in play store it worked fine , but when i tapped the three lines in extreme left to go to my applications on the top near the play store .the application closes with message unfortunately google play store has stopped and it closes again when i open it it will open and i can download any apps, game, but the moment i tap those three lines on top extreme left it closes.

what i can recall may be i have deleted some file accidentally. as, when it showed that the internal storage is less as it has only 2 GB working space in it .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted or unrooted?

If you factory reset your phone, you will lose all data that has not been backed up or synced to the cloud. If all of your contacts were associated with the Phone account rather than a Google account, it was probably not backed up anywhere, because the Phone account doesn't sync with anything.

Since you're still having problems even after a factory reset and booting into safe mode, my guess is that your phone has some significant hardware defect, perhaps with the motherboard. You may need to contact LG.

Posted via Android Central App

Vikas Sharma10

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
i have not rooted my phone .
this phone is 1 year and two months old , and was my first smartphone. i will go to some local shop to correct the fault, LG will charge heavy. i also manually cleared all the catch settings >appl> running. but without any success . As i have read in one of your post , thread somewhere.