My Note 2 is running slowly.

A

AC Question

For some reason, every time I try to do something it ends up freezing and taking about 2 minutes to do whatever I requested whether it's going to the home screen or selecting an app, it can't do it. I've taken to battery out a few times to see if that would help, but it hasn't. Anyone know a solution?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
First thing is to check how much storage room you have. If you haven't already, get an SD card and move stuff like pictures, music, and movies over to it. Move any apps that don't need to run fast over to it as well if you can (stuff like social media apps, maps or navigation apps, stuff like that). Games seem to run better if they stay on the internal storage.

Delete any apps, files, pictures, movies or anything else that you don't need, or move them off your phone to your computer.

Finally once you've completed all these steps, clear the cache (go to settings>my device>storage or something similar) and tap on the cache portion. It should ask you if you want to clear the cache, and tap yes/ok). Once this is done, reboot.

Also, once you're done with an app, clear it out of memory (long press home, swipe away the app). you don't need to clear apps out of memory EVERY TIME, but if your phone starts slowing down, this is a good thing to keep on top of - just keep stuff you're going to be using.

A more dramatic step is to delete pretty much all the apps except critical apps (ones you use daily). This includes games or "fun" apps - get rid of them. You may have a rogue app slowing things down.

Finally if all the above steps don't fix anything, it's time to do a factory reset. Before you do that make absolutely sure anything on your phone is saved/backed up somewhere (like a computer or cloud storage). Factory reset will wipe everything off your phone, and put it back to "new" software wise. It's a huge step. but it's almost guaranteed to work. BUT if you do this, don't add all your apps back in one go. Add a few at a time to see how your phone acts. If it suddenly slows down you'll know that the last few apps has something that is slowing down your phone.

Good luck.