Android wont open apps, no network connection

A

AC Question

Hi guys,
My android phone stopped opening (most) applications like messaging, and phone. Some open momentarily but they are gone before you do anything. Occasionally it shuts on and off on its own. The network connection is also a problem (it virtually lost it) and once in a while I can see the bars for a few seconds. The 'settings' app is pretty much working fine.

It all started after my battery ran flat, so it really started after I had recharged. I have tried opening it on safemode but has not helped. I would really like to save my contacts because I think my contacts sync has not been on for some time. That is why I have been hesitant on a factory reset.

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks
KK

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping to find some way to boot to recovery mode and wipe the system cache partition, which can help with various issues, but your phone is too new and not widely distributed enough to have a lot of available information on the web.

I know you already booted into Safe Mode without any success, but you might consider uninstalling all apps and see what happens--just in case something you installed is causing the instability. The other thing to try would be to remove the microSD card (if there is one), since a corrupt card can cause problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So I take it your contacts were not synced to Google? Were they only associated with the Phone account? If they weren't synced to your Google account, they might be hard to save. They might be on the SIM card--if you do a factory reset, I'm not sure if the SIM card contacts get erased as well, so you might want to remove the SIM before the reset. I'm not familiar with Droidboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance