Kit Kat 4.4.4 & Google developers

A

AC Question

I'm really getting fed up with Google screwing up pieces of the code with each update. First it was taking away our control of the sdcard. With this new update a couple of nuisances. Hangouts is the default texting app now. Not only that, if you try to use a texting app other than that, you're told that you have to now make it the default before you can fully use it. I've also noticed that when I send a text (I use Go SMS Pro) with an attachment, the receiver if my text has to use Go SMS to open the attachment.
Another nuisance is with location reporting. If you want Wifi or your network to find your location you have to agree to let Google to anonymously use this information for their purposes. What's next. You don't find this out until you start using the update which I believe you can't stop from being downloaded and installed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think anything has changed in regards to how they use location data--they're just warning you now, each time you turn it on, that they may use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87