Switching off my HTC one M8

A

AC Question

Hi,
Some help and advice please.
I've just bought this great bit of kit and find the the double tap wake up function really useful. However, the manual says that you can use the same method to put the phone to sleep, rather than using the power button, but this doesn't work, or seem to work on my phone. I have a glass screen protector on my phone - could this be the issue? I have also read that the M8 doesn't actually have this facility, so is the manual incorrect?
Any help would be appreciated.
On a different note, can anyone advise me on a 'find my phone' app - my last phone was a Galaxy S3 and Samsung had their own app.
Thanks,
Tim.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Some help and advice please.
I've just bought this great bit of kit and find the the double tap wake up function really useful. However, the manual says that you can use the same method to put the phone to sleep, rather than using the power button, but this doesn't work, or seem to work on my phone. I have a glass screen protector on my phone - could this be the issue? I have also read that the M8 doesn't actually have this facility, so is the manual incorrect?
Any help would be appreciated.
On a different note, can anyone advise me on a 'find my phone' app - my last phone was a Galaxy S3 and Samsung had their own app.
Thanks,
Tim.

Hi Tim,

You can only double tap the lock screen to turn the display off on the M8 - it doesn't work on the homescreen or app drawer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38