Why is my music skipping the last 2-3 seconds?

A

AC Question

Music skips last 2-3 seconds

So I've had my galaxy s4 for about less than a year now. I listen to music very often, (all the time) and some of the songs that I have on my phone don't play all the way through the end, like they skip last 2 seconds. It gets so annoying.
So let's say I have a song that's like 4:27 long. I watch the time, and it'd just jump from 4:24 to 4:27. This is the same whether I listen with my headphones or external speaker. Sometimes that particular song plays fine when I restart my phone, but it's a problem because it's multiple songs that do that. Also it just works temporarily...
I have all the songs on my computer and they play fine so I know there's nothing wrong with the actual songs so it must be my phone.
Is this something that could possibly tell me that I have a faulty phone? I've actually had quite a few problems with this phone. Nothing major but enough to bother the crap out of me.
If not is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music skips last 2-3 seconds

Welcome to Android Central! Where are the songs stored--in the Internal Storage, or on an external SD card? File corruption is not uncommon with SD cards in Samsung devices. See how those same tracks play if your copy them from the computer to the Internal Storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez