Why cant the caller hear me when i answer the phone?

A

AC Question

I can recieve calls but when i answer i hear the caller but the caller cant hear me

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There are a few reasons that this could be happening. The first is the one you should hope for which is something is plugging up your mic hole. Not sure what device you have but most have two mics these days. Are you sure the caller cannot hear you at all, or is your voice very distant or muffled? Look at your mic hole at the bottom of the device try to see in there and see if it is packed with pocket lint or anything. Try yelling into the mic during a call. Try making a call on speaker phone. That should bring your second mic into play. Can callers hear you then? Chances are even if you had accidentally muted a call the mute should turn off on the next call so you can discount that as a reason. Another test would be to use the recorder and record a short audio. Locating both mics speak into one very close to your mouth and then speak into the other. Play the recording back and see if your voice fades out when speaking into the lower mic. If your hole is clear and your voice fades out you could have a bad mic. The least desirable of the causes. You could work around it by making speakerphone calls or using a headset or Bluetooth device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana