Can anyone help me with some Rooting Programs are freezing/looping/failing?

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Rooting Programs are freezing/looping/failing

The Carrier for my phones has replaced my Sprint Optimus S™, the previous one that went bad was rooted for $29.95, and I went back to those people to get this one rooted, and told them it was a replacement for the one they rooted, and they wanted me to pay again because they said this is a "different device" (true, in certain ways). I just use this phone as a backup for my Coolpad Quattro II 801ES, and am not interested in paying another fee for this;

I know that firmware updates have included patches to stop the phones out there from being "rooted", so since this phone, though refurbished, came out in 2010, I need to know if there is/are any util(s)/app(s) that is/are current that can root this device (since it is old now, I realize that might not be anything out there, besides those people who charge to do it, and use remote access to do it). The specs are as follows:

Manufacturer: LGE
Model: LS670
Version: ZVJ.47B67B46
Android Version: 2.3.3 (GingerBread)

z4root does not seem to be working, as it makes things freeze up, and I really thought SuperOneClick (v2.3.3.0) would work, but when it reaches a certain point,
"... Step #7 WaitForDevice",
it stops there and goes not further ... I even updated the adb files, and still no go; SRSRoot did not work either, UI tried both "methods", SmartRoot & All Methods;

I would like to have a hold of something that would work on Linux Systems, or the phone itself, however, I do have Windows 8 on my Laptop, and can use that if needed.

Thanks,
Cliff

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rooting Programs are freezing/looping/failing

Try Towel Root Since it roots at the Linux level, it should work on any phone not patched against it (and 2.3.3 wouldn't have been).

BTW, it's an app you run on the phone - no computer needed. Once you root, you can uninstall the app. (Not SuperSU, just the Towel Root app.)

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

Try Towel Root Since it roots at the Linux level, it should work on any phone not patched against it (and 2.3.3 wouldn't have been).

BTW, it's an app you run on the phone - no computer needed. Once you root, you can uninstall the app. (Not SuperSU, just the Towel Root app.)

Thanks for the info and reference... unfortunately that one failed too. Interesting that if I pay $29.95 (or $39.95 for more features) to oneclickroot dot com, they can root it easily ... maybe the developers of the Android run that site, lol.

I would prefer a rooting app that has the availability to unroot as well.

Regards,
Cliff

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can grab GingerBreak v1.3, because the one I tried was v1.2, and according to a Video I watched, I need to use v1.3 of GingerBreak (and not v1.2) for Android 2.3.3;

It appears to be a daunting task to try and locate this specific version on the Internet via a Google Search ... some links are broken, some have removed v1.3 (yet left v1.2 available), I click on links that several windows pop-up, etc. and I cannot seem to manage to get a copy of GingerBreak v1.3, and it seems a never-ending journey trying to grab a hold of a copy.

Well, who knew a few years ago, that a few years later, there where going to be refurbished phones released for purchase in 2014 with Android 2.3.3, for example, by a Company like Kroger Stores, and it's I-Wireless online site ...

Cliff

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

I couldn't find any reference to Gingerbreak 1.3. Then again, the reissued devices may have had the Gingerbreak exploit patched, so even oneclickroot.com's method might not work. (They probably just have a copy of GB 1.3)

They rooted it back on August 25, and things were good; but then a couple of weeks later, the carrier wanted me to send the phone back because of other issues they perceived; I'm not sure if they just fixed the same phone or replaced it; when I went back to oneclickroot, they wanted me to pay again, because from they expressed, if it is a different device than I have to pay again, and I wasn't going to do that when I just paid $29.95 to root the same phone, or a duplicate replacement. This Optimus S phone is just a backup/secondary smart phone now anyway, because I got a newer one, which to be it all, I had to send off the other day to be repaired or replace, so I'm stuck with only the Optimus S until I get the newer one back, or replaced; how long that will take, I don't know, but would like to have it rooted so I can move a few programs over to the external SD Card, as I did before.

What is GB 1.3?

Thanks, mine is ZVJ, I will check it out if I haven't already.

Clifton

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

Sprint LG Optimus S™
Manufacturer: LGE
Model: LS670
Version: ZVJ.47B67B46
Android Version: 2.3.3 (GingerBread)

Hooray!!!! Finally found a way to get it rooted ... No WINDOWS Platform need either :) Just two apk files needed.

The Instructions (including the apk files to download) are at:
Tricks and tips for your PC and Android Device: Simplest way to Root Android Phone Without a Computer

The catch is here that it appears the you have to download "Superuser", well chainfire's "SuperSU" did not work for me, though I only tried once. Anyway, I suspect the "Pook Debug" apk might get booted off of Google's Play's Store once they find out this is a sneaked in program for the use of another program, but I imagine that if that happens, it will still be available elsewhere.

Cliff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer