Can I transfer multiple pics from my Galaxy S3 to a folder on my PC using wifi only?

A

AC Question

transfer multiple pics from galaxy s3 to folder on my pc using WiFi only

Do not want to have to use a USB cable to transfer a dozen pics I take each week to my pics folder on my pc hard drive. I want to do this all from the other room using my s3 only. I want to specify the folder on my Android, select my photos and transfer them remotely over WiFi to the pc. If I have to log I to some pc software each time to give approval each time or have to open up my Android folders on the pc or something like that defeats the purpose of avoiding the USB cable in the first place . I hope I'm explaining this sufficiently since none seems to understand.
Thanks
Aaron

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: transfer multiple pics from galaxy s3 to folder on my pc using WiFi only

Then you'll need a server running on the PC that doesn't require logging in. An FTP server would work, as would installing Apache and a file upload site.

It's really MUCH simpler to use Wifi File Transfer and do it from the PC end.

But, in any case, you'll need a server running on whichever end you aren't on. (Wifi File Transfer is a file transfer server running on the phone.)

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: transfer multiple pics from galaxy s3 to folder on my pc using WiFi only

Add Bluetooth to your PC. Bluetooth transfer is easier. Can do it either with basic Bluetooth syncing, or Bluetooth File Transfer apps in Playstore.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty