Why is my touch screen unresponsive when connected to my PC?

scytalemk

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Touch screen unresponsive when connected to PC

Hello.
Today I have received LG Optimus G (f180) and notice something strange. When I connect the phone to PC via USB touch screen becomes unresponsive. It's sure not the problem with phone lagging but with touch screen. I've tried two usb cables, two PC's and different ports but the problem still persist.
I need to emphasize that this is my third LG Optimus G and with previous two I never have this kind of problems.

Any suggestions or solutions?
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touch screen unresponsive when connected to PC

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the same problem when it's plugged into an AC wall outlet to charge? What I'm wondering is if the phone is defective, and has improper shielding for the touchscreen. Charging can generate electromagnetic fields, which could potentially affect touchscreens if not properly shielded.

Does the computer recognize the phone normally when plugged in via USB? Does the phone register a connection in the Notification Bar?

scytalemk

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Thanks B. Diddy,
I have no problems when the phone is connected to wall charger, everything works well. The problem only appears when the phone is connected to pc. The computer recognizes phone, it shows on the notification bar that the phone is slow charging, connected in MTP mode, USB debugging or whatever mode is connected in. VOL+/VOL- and power button also work, but only touchscreen is unresponsive, or lagging. I tried to play music on phone and to connect usb cable in the same time, and nothing strange happens, music is playing normally without disruption. I tried several different cables, several different PC's, factory reset, installing stock firmware, two different custom roms, and the problem still exist. When I pull out usb cable touchscreen start to work immediately, like nothing has happen. It's a very strange problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I would guess that there's a defect that has to do with the USB data connection circuits. If it's a big enough problem for you, bring it back to your store for an exchange, or contact LG for a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress