Why is my screen staying on when I use my messaging app?

A

AC Question

Very weird touch screen issue with text messages

Hi everyone, so my att LG G2 has a very interesting issue occurring with text messages. Just to jump back a little, I received a group text about 9 months ago. As we all do, I deleted this group text when I was done with it. No harm there, right? Well, ever since then, I've had an issue ONLY with the "messages" app. When I receive a text, my phone screen lights up like all phones do. The problem is...the screen doesn't go black again. The backlight stays on, which in turn DESTROYS my battery. The only way to keep the backlight off is to go into task manager and kill the "messages" app. Once I do that, the screen stays off. When i went to ATT device support, they told me to backup everything and factory reset the phone but as a guy with some technical background, I know this is NOT the only fix. Has anyone seen anything like this? If so, please enlighten me as to how I should fix it. Factory reset should be a last resort! Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Very weird touch screen issue with text messages

Welcome to Android Central! You could try going to the App Manager, select Messaging, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache. If you don't need to save any of the messages currently on your phone, then Clear Data as well. Now see if the problem recurs.

Normally, I'd suggest wiping the system cache partition, but that's not available to the user on an unrooted G2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty