Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S4 send email over wi-fi?

A

AC Question

Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S4 send email over wi-fi

I can send email over 4G networks, but if I try to email over wi-fi my mail will not send, and I receive a "send failed" message. Email will sit in my outbox forever. Yet if I turn wi-fi off my email will immediately send.
Any idea how to correct this?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S4 send email over wi-fi

Are you turning data off when you have WiFi enabled? Not sure of your carrier, but with Verizon at least email and MMS both have to go out over network. I can kind of understand the MMS, because it's supposed to be included in your texting plan, and that is a very iffy understanding. As for email I'm not sure why they wouldn't allow that over WiFi, but you'll find that the amount of data allowed for each MMS and email is limited, so yeah it would make sense to allow WiFi use for larger files. Anyway, the reason I asked if you are turning your data off while on WiFi was because my device usually will shutdown WiFi or push it to the back or whatever it does, my network will light up and transfer the data. Then it goes back to WiFi, unless I have mobile data turned off, then just like you my device waits for me to enable data to do whatever. I haven't looked but there may be an app that will bypass this hurdle. I know Drive somehow by passes the data limits set by Verizon so someone else has probably bypassed this issue with an email app for WiFi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch