How do I retrieve data (when an email vanishes between being a draft and sending)?

angeeee

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
How to retrieve data; (when an email vanishes between being a draft and sending)...Poof!

Hello, at 2 am this morning, on my Samsung Note 3 (battery was quite low) I edited a draft and then sent a this LONG, important letter, (via gmail ) and instead of sending my email with content, somewhere in the process between being a draft and sending, it may have been corrupted? (a 2 tiered tech support from Verizon said), instead it sent a blank email- no content!
I can't find the content anywhere in any folder, on "ALL mail" or with any search in All mail with words I know I used.
It's as if it was never written.

As stated, when I sent it, my friend got a blank.
I saw that and was like "you have to be kidding me!" (took several hours to write!) and forwarded to myself; same thing.
I can't help but think that since it was a draft in my draft folder to him, (before I RE-OPENED it to work on it and send), that there must some way I can go back in time (like create a restore point like on a lap top) but either on Gmail for my phone or laptop, then I should be able to relocated it.
Is this possible?
Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to retrieve data; (when an email vanishes between being a draft and sending)...Poof!

Welcome to Android Central! That's frustrating. Were you using the stock Email app, or the Gmail app? Check the "Sent" folder--is it blank there as well, or does it not even show up?

You mentioned the battery was low--did it actually shut off at some point?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to retrieve data; (when an email vanishes between being a draft and sending)...Poof!

Also check the Sent mail folder at GMail. The site may have it saved even if your phone doesn't.