Why is my SD card not recognized after dropping phone?

Caroline Hughes

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my T-Mobile Huwaii Prism 2 a couple days ago and most of the time, when I drop it, the battery comes out but I just place it back in and everything works just fine. This time, I got notification that it was preparing the SD card when I first turned it on but when I opened the camera, it said I must mount an SD card. I took the SD card out, replaced it, turned the phone back on, but this time, it didn't even prepare the SD card. I've repeated this process several times the past few days but still, nothing. Is there any hope for my SD card working again?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either the SD card broke (the shock can shatter the silicon in the chips in the card) or the socket the card goes into was damaged. Try the card in a card reader in a PC to see if the card works. Try a different card in the phone to see if the socket works.

(What gets damaged when you drop a phone depends on the precise angle at which it hits and how much "give" there is in what it hots (and how mych give their is in the part of the phone that hits). You can drop a phone one way 5 feet to concrete and have no problem, and drop it another way 2 feet to soft wood and destroy it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc