What is this strange icon on my status bar?

Jon Figaro

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Strange icon on my status bar

I own a Nexus 7 2012(WiFi) and I didn't want to wait for the OTA of Lollipop so I downloaded the Factory Image from the Google Dev page and flashed it using the Nexus Toolkit. I also unlocked it and rooted it. But now for some strange reason this icon is appearing on my status bar. It's a plain circle with a forward slash in it, like you see on "no smoking" signs. Everything else seems to be working fine. I don't think it's hurting anything, more of a nuisance really. I was wondering if anyone here knew why this icon is there, and if there's a way to remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Status Bar Icon - Circle With Slash Through It

I own a Nexus 7 2012(WiFi) and I didn't want to wait for the OTA of Lollipop so I downloaded the Factory Image from the Google Dev page and flashed it using the Nexus Toolkit. I also unlocked it and rooted it. But now for some strange reason this icon is appearing on my status bar. It's a plain circle with a forward slash in it, like you see on "no smoking" signs. Everything else seems to be working fine. I don't think it's hurting anything, more of a nuisance really. I was wondering if anyone here knew why this icon is there, and if there's a way to remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you post a screen shot? That would be most helpful.

Jon Figaro

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Status Bar Icon - Circle With Slash Through It

Can you post a screen shot? That would be most helpful.

Sure. It's up at the top next to the WiFi icon. I don't remember if it was there on the initial boot up after flashing or if it popped up after installing some apps. But what I do know is I've never seen it before the flashing, on kitkat.

Screenshot_2014-11-19-16-35-14.png

Bslate09

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Strange icon on my status bar

You have set your "Interruptions" to "Don't interrupt". Go to Settings/Sound & notification/Interruptions. I'm not entirely sure what this does though.

Posted via Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Strange icon on my status bar

Looks to me like the no SIM card is installed symbol. When you turn off WiFi, does you 4G our whatever show up ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member