I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 .Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart TV, what could the problem be?

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 ..Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart TV.

Mobile Samsung s 4 mini....... TV Samsung UE40H6400 - 40" - 6 Series 3D LED TV - Smart TV

rumburake

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. After fail, phone also becomes hot and battery starts draining fast unless you reboot.
Seems impossible to be a hardware issue - has to be firmware - so why does it need service at Samsung?
:confused:

capk69

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Has to be a 4.4.2 issue, as screen mirroring will no longer work on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy G3 and my Samsung Smartv. Everything else works - YouTube, media files form my G3 to my Sammy TV works perfectly. Just no more screen mirroring.

<Frustrated>

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
It has happened again ,but this time my mobile phone upgraded the android all by it's self .I had the normal upgrade option pop up i pressed remind me later
switched off my mobile in morning switched it back on update started and as you know once it starts it's to late to stop it ,And yes the old problem is back it will not mirror with Samsung smart Tv. again think i will have to move on to another mobile .and burn this (without battery in) mobile in the Bar B Q this wkend

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah John, Tried that last time, still did not work only thing to do is talk to Samsung they will ask you to send mobile with in for repair. Is yours the S4 mini
as only seems to be the problem with that model ,but thanks for idea

uhlvuhlv

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Fixed..but I don't how!
I had the same problem and I chat with Samsung support, They told me to send my phone to them to fix it.. just before one hour ago! and before 3 minutes I received a Android software update and install it.. and its working! But in the same time during this I activate the developer options and activate the USB debugging.. and download the Kies software (but I didn't run it).. Now I'm confused from where I got this update! From support or something else!

uhlvuhlv

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I contact the Samsung support once again asking them if they made any changes from their side.. They didn't have any clue about it!
So most likely from the changes I made I received this Android update...

during calling ur support and getting the update.. I made some changes.. 1- I activate the developer mode 2- enabled usb mode 3- installed the kies software but i didn't run it.. 4- activate the Unknown sources from security

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 ..Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart T

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 recently updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 and had the issue of my screen mirroring not functioning. I finally figured out how to work around the issue...(as I love KODI Tv and stream everything) I have a Samsung Un55h6350 Smart TV and never had any problems with 4.4.2, then with lollipop my phone recognized the TV but would not connect, just stayed stayed at the "connecting" screen. I found this odd because I could still use wifi direct to play stored media. So after several frustrating attempts when my phone "scanned and recognized the TV I long pressed on "[TV] Samsung LED55" , rather than just tapping the option. When I did this I was given an option to "connect with pin" on my phone. So I chose that option and a pin number appeared on my TV screen simultaneously on my phone there was an input line to type it in. Then BOOM! like magic, screen mirroring was a go. It's been up and running just fine without having to enter the "pin" again. I have tested and retested to make sure it stuck and I'm happy to report all is well. I hope this helps anyone else who's been pulling their hair out trying to figure this out and save people from spending unnecessary money.

hypercool_uk

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 ..Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart T

i have the S4 mini that i bought brand new last Ocotober or November, it came with android 4.4.2, my nephew has the same mobile but his is older and has version 4.2.2 i think, he has a samsung tv and he can mirror his screen but i am unable to mirror. I tried long pressed on "[TV] Samsung LED55" , however it doesnt present a pin option, it just simply waits a while and then goes to connecting screen, same as if i had tapped it, it says connected successfully and then disconnects without ever actually mirroring at all.
So this is less about upgrading or the hardware, rather the android itself is bugged i think.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

So this is less about upgrading or the hardware, rather the android itself is bugged i think.
And if you get Samsung to admit it, prepare for liftoff, because the end of the universe won't be far behind.

swallow34

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site

SOLVED:
Today I loaded a technical update (OTA): I9195XXUCPA1 and it fixed the screen mirroring issue for me (security patch 2016-02-01).
The complete build number is KOTH49H.I9195XXUCPA1.
I still have Android 4.4.2.

Cheers!:D