Incompatible apps

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to remove apps that aren't compatible with your device from your ALL list in My apps?

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OK. I was thinking Play Store - My Apps - All. Non stock apps can be removed with the X there.
You may mean this, or the Applications Manager - All list.
Samsung Link is compatible with my Note 3 but I had it disabled / turned off. I d/l the latest version and disabled / turned that off.
So it shows in my Applications Manager - Disabled (Turned Off) list.
It still shows in the Play Store - My Apps - All list and cannot be removed.

As it is not compatible on yours I would think it would not be on the Applications - All list OK.

However what's interesting is in the Play Store, any Motorola apps (I have a Moto G on the same Google account) which are not obviously compatible can be deleted from the Samsung Play Store app. Likewise all (it seems) Samsung stock apps that cannot be removed on my Samsung Play Store can be removed (X) from my Moto G.

Samsung Link should be removable on your Note 4 Play Store list, but only turned off / disabled from Applications Manager.

Go figure. Sorry.

28dae4980fc7ab4717514a35a15ae8bc.jpg
3b494fc3c04ea5533224197fb8504c7d.jpg

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was able to turn off Samsung Link Platform. The rest I can't. It's no biggie. I just thought there'd be a way to remove them from that list.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you get the "not compatible" notice on Play Store, it's not telling you that an app that's on your phone is incompatible with your phone, it's telling you that none of the versions of the app Play Store has available for installation are compatible with your phone, so you can't install it or update it. If the app is already on your phone, you have a compatible version of that app. (An app may have, as an example, a "Maximum Android version" of 4.x and you're running Lollipop. That just means that the developer hasn't tested it on Lollipop and doesn't want 5,000 people complaining that it doesn't work on their phones, so he won't let them install it. Once he knows it does work (or modifies it to work), he'll change the max version, and it'll be compatible with your phone. The site isn't really checking your phone and determining if the app will run on it. (I'm running a few "will run only in Android 5+" apps on 4.4.2 with no problem. They're "incompatible" with my phone - but they don't know it so they work anyway.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa