How do I get my tablet to respond when I touch the screen?

Dakota Hyde

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
how do i get my tablet to respond when i touch the screen

I have a sero 8 tablet and dropped it. the screen cracked bad near the top, but it would still work in some places of the screen. when i got it unlocked it was pulling the notification bar down and up like i as if i was touching it. now it wont work at all and i cant get my pictures off of it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i get my tablet to respond when i touch the screen

The touch screen broke a little. Over time the breaks spread until now it doesn't work at all. You need to get the screen replaced.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If you can view the tablet as a device on a computer (via usb) you can find the DCIM folder for the photos and drag them across.
Unfortunately this will not work if you had a pin/pattern lock on the screen, a swipe to unlock screen would let you in. Hopefully you won't need drivers or to select a transfer mode on the tablet.
Of course, if you had Google+ or other cloud service automatically backing up photos, you're OK.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

i do have a pin lock, but i can see it when i plug it in. just it wont let me do anything after i click on the name
Sorry, not sure what to suggest.

You mean you can see the drive on your computer but can't open it - and can't input the pin / password on the screen as it has finally died.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

i do have a pin lock, but i can see it when i plug it in. just it wont let me do anything after i click on the name
As long as you can see the screen, use an OTG cable (the 88 cent ones are as good as the $39 ones - a 1/4" piece of wire - the only thing other than the connectors and cable - isn't worth $38 dollars no matter what it's made of) and a USB mouse. If you want to use it for other things, spend the $7 and change for the one with the 2 connectors and a charging port on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez