Why is my Game Save on Google+ corrupted?

flamery

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Game Save on Google+ is corrupted

Hi Guys, I have an issue, I was playing a game "call of duty heroes" was working okay, until when i tried to load it, the bar would freeze. I have traced it down to being a corrupted game save on the cloud. Any device that is linked to this account will no longer be able to play this game even after a factory reset!! Heres how I am sure of this:

Totally new device (borrowed form friend): download the app, play it successfully under their google account, whilst its still running, login with my account, game will no longer load (forzen at loading screen). clear app data, clear cache, uninstall app, delete any trace of google account from that phone. reinstall app game will freeze and not finish loading

Blue stacks on two different PC's exactly the same behavior as above, as soon as my account is logged in the game will freeze and it will never work on that device again. (Iwas attempting to overwrite my gave save with a new one)

Even tried this, factory reset phone, created a new google+ account (did not use the existing one), installed game.. froze at loading screen!

Its seems the game is trying to be "smart" and makes some kind of fingerprint of the device (rather than the account) and saves it server side. so when that device logs in it can show me all accounts that have been used on the device and will normally ask me to select which game to load. Seems to be nothing I can do to fix the issue client side. All the devices I have used for testing are stuffed and cannot in any way run the game now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Game Save on Google+ is corrupted

Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the details--they're very helpful. For what it's worth, the reviews on Google Play do mention various problems recently, including freezing when trying to load (unless that was you!). Have you emailed the developer? CallOfDutyGooglePlayApp@activision.com

flamery

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

Hi yes I have found a few reviews on that game that state a similar issue to me. I did try and contact the developer but was sent back with a generic response to try the activison forums. With 1million+ downloads I can understand they probably don't have the resource to support games like this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, frustrating. This probably won't add anything, but it wouldn't hurt to clear the cache and data from Google Play Games as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress