Hi guys. I have a samsung tab 4 thats been working pretty well for the few months i've have had it and i decided to get a new pair of headphones for myself. Although one day i go to play my music and the volume is super low but its says on my device that its cranked up all the way. I checked that it wasnt the headphones and they workes fine on my computer and phone. I also checked by plugging in old headsets i had to see if the problem persisted with those and it did. I have checked if my jack is clean and it is. If anyone has any idea what is goinf on with my device pleeeeeeaaaaase help me out. My device is rooted if this info is helpful.

Thanks.
    01-17-2015 10:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First--and I know this may sound silly--but are you sure the plug is in all the way? Some headphone jacks can be pretty tight, and people can be wary of pushing in too hard because they're afraid of breaking something. Make sure you feel or hear the plug click into place.

How did you check the jack to make sure it was clean? Use a damp toothpick to root around, or use a can of compressed air to blow it out vigorously.

In any case, the issue seems to lie with the jack. If the problem persists, you might have to look into replacing that part.
    01-18-2015 12:47 AM
    My HTC had the same issue (sudden extreme drop in volume at headphone jack).
    I tried various apps to try to increase the headset volume.
    I tried rebooting phone, I tried shutting off and restarting.

The Fix:
    Under Power settings, I disabled quick boot (which is like windows hibernate)
    Then shut off and started the phone (not a reboot) but a full shut off.
    This full restart cleared up the issue.

Even though the headset was plugged in the sound initially came from the phone speakers
    I reseated the headphones and they are now at full volume... Success..!!

Wow, Android has a long way to go before they no longer SUCK..!!
    Good thing the children developers of today don't build airplanes or we'd all be dead.

Sheesh..!!
    07-07-2015 11:18 PM
    My son had the same problem. I found that holding the power button until it shutdown and restarted resolved the issue. a normal power down did NOT work.
    Brickster68 likes this.
    07-22-2015 02:29 PM
    That halped me too! I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab4. The sound on the headphones was extreemly silent. So I pushed power button and hold it until the device shut down and restarted,... and it worked - the sound is playing again!
    Brickster68 likes this.
    01-24-2016 02:24 PM
    Holding
    01-28-2016 05:57 AM
    I had the same problem my phone speakers worked fine unlike the earphones/headphones in which sound is too low even if volume is full.

SOLUTION: Just press and hols power button till the phone shutdown and restart again as soon as samsung logo appears release the power button(if u will not release.then it will restart again and again) :P
    Now, You can listen to the same volume it was before
    Thank you
    03-24-2016 05:30 AM
    Thanks for the info πŸ‘
    05-02-2016 02:08 AM
    Hi your problem is same with me! How can I solve it??pleaseee help meee😒😒😒
    07-09-2016 04:11 AM
    Thank you so much. The holding down the power button until the phone restarted fixed my dead earbud issue.
    08-08-2016 11:07 PM
    It didnt work for me and my samsung 7 edge what should i do it is obnoxious
    09-12-2016 07:55 PM
    Thank you! For two weeks I've been trying everything from apps for sound boost,, cleaning the headphone port, resetting, and going threw the sound settings. Nothing helped.Then I found your comment in this forum and did what you suggested, I held the power button down until it powered off on its own without me clicking the power off option on the screen. When it powered on I had little faith it was going to work "because nothing else did not even reseting it", But I plugged in my ear buds and was so happy to hear the sound again. Before I could barely hear anything. Again.....THANK YOU!
    11-17-2016 09:22 AM
    Just a FYI for people who may have had same issue I had with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with pen (fresh
    from the box today via Amazon). I had no audio output on the audio jack with any external speaker of headphone I have here.
    Internal speaker worked fine.

A net search led me here https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...+produce+sound
    and the TLDR fix for my device was to power it down all the way, then plug the headphone in till it clicked securely.
    Then while holding the volume button down engage the power up button and keep holding the volume button down until
    the device booted up to the log in display. By that time I could hear that the headphones were now working.
    Fixed.
    Now the device properly detects mini plug insertions on that jack and also detects when unplugged and the internal (weak
    as hell) speakers work.

I would have been returning the device by now for exchange.
    I don't know if this is ANdroid issue or some silly stupid issue with Samsung.... anyway. HOpe this helps someone.
    03-24-2017 07:56 PM
    I read all the above posts and the problem is still there. I noticed that after plugging in the headphones, when I lightly turn the jack a bit clockwise or anti-clockwise or a little upside, it works suddenly and then again after some seconds, it looses connection. This thing happened with my Samsung Note 4 and then I checked with my Laptop. The problem persisted on the laptop. So, I concluded it must be a case of loose connection of the headset-jack with the device. Any suggestions, what should be my next step?

Thanks in advance.

Sanjit
    08-03-2017 12:55 AM
    Holding the power button down for the phone to go off and released after coming on worked perfectly πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    08-25-2017 07:38 AM
    Hi guys. I have a samsung tab 4 thats been working pretty well for the few months i've have had it and i decided to get a new pair of headphones for myself. Although one day i go to play my music and the volume is super low but its says on my device that its cranked up all the way. I checked that it wasnt the headphones and they workes fine on my computer and phone. I also checked by plugging in old headsets i had to see if the problem persisted with those and it did. I have checked if my jack is clean and it is. If anyone has any idea what is goinf on with my device pleeeeeeaaaaase help me out. My device is rooted if this info is helpful.

Thanks.
    I had a problem with an LG phone that a factory reset took care of. My problem was low volume
    08-25-2017 07:43 AM